The Gimbalabs Local ADA Spending Challenge
This is our first collaborative Cardano Starter Kit, and it's the first one where we're sending you out into the world on a mission. In this CSK, we'll outline the challenge and take a look at tokens on Cardano's Launchpad network.
Proto is a new collaboration between CAAASTdotLIVE and Gimbalabs
You should take a look at this Cardano Starter Kit if you're curious about how tokens work...and if you'd like to contribute to the historic roll out of Cardano!
Why did we make this challenge?
- We want YOU to drive ADA adoption in your community.
- We'd like to show you what native tokens look like and how they can be sent in "token bundles", and we hope that this inspires your thinking about what Cardano can do.
- We'd like to gather and share some stories. We'll present all challenge submissions at gimbalabs.com, because we want all people to have ideas for how they can contribute to the widespread adoption of Cardano.
- Finally, we are always experimenting: with ways to collaborate, with how we format our content, and how we engage with you.
- To earn the rewards for this challenge, you must share the ID of a transaction that happened on or after 17 December 2020, along with a short narrative and one photograph.
- Submission instructions are included as a pdf in this repository.
- When you've successfully spent some ADA in your community, please fill out this form to tell the story and claim your rewards!
- Reward "token bundles" consisting of 10 ADA + 1 commemorative token will be sent as soon as the Mary Era is live (late January or early February)
- Use this Planning Checklist to prepare for your mission: make a copy of the Google doc, or see the PDF included in this repository.
- Bring this "Merchant Worksheet" make a copy and prep for use along to support our newest Cardano adopter. Note that the Cardano logo is there just so the merchant can get to know the brand. Feel free to delete it or add your logo if that feels right, and edit this document however you'd like.
In this repository, we are including these files for your reference. In order to use these scripts you'll need to have a passive node running on Cardano's Launchpad (see configuration files here).
In Proto Episode 1, Roberto takes us on a brief tour of csk-minter.sh.
What does it look like to use these scripts?
- If this is the sort of thing you'd like to learn more about, try reading the official docs. We are considering running a live workshop for people who want to tinker with a Cardano node without running stake pool. If you're interested in something like that, please reach out by joining us on the Gimbalabs Discord or via Twitter: @gimbalabs You can also learn more about cardano-cli and shell scripts by reading through the .sh files included here alongside Steve Parker's famous Shell Scripting Tutorial (https://www.shellscript.sh/index.html).
- If you go back and forth between these resources, you'll start to see how all of the pieces fit together!