Cardano Starter Kit 004
Mini-CSK: Transaction Metadata
I am familiar with how transaction metadata works on the Cardano blockchain.
I can name the five binary files that are operating behind the Daedalus wallet interface.
A "mini-csk" on Transaction Metadata
You should look at this starter kit if...
You're curious about how transaction metadata works on Cardano. At the end of this CSK, we hope that this experiment will help you to have some big ideas about what metadata might do.
- 2:24 - Viewing metadata on Cardano Blockchain Intelligence
- 4:46 - When was the first metadata posted to the Cardano blockchain?
- 8:30 - Navigating metadata by "key"
- 10:03 - How does metadata change the cost of a transaction?
- 12:16 - What does metadata look like on the web?
- 14:19 - Looking "under the hood" of Daedalus Wallet
- 16:42 - What Gimbalabs did: tinkering with Daedalus and the database it creates to post strings and lists of strings as tx metadata
- Thank you CENT pool for building the Blockchain Intelligence site
- ADA Day ASCII Art via AdaStat - feel free to share with your networks for ADAday & beyond, no attribution necessary.
- IOHK Blog: Getting to Grips with Metadata on Cardano
- baids-daedalus from Gimbalabs
- Want to go deeper? Try the Cardano docs